The Fund is a pre-seed venture capital fund investing in startups all over the world. We have invested in 200+ companies over a four year period and we are just getting started! Our capital comes from some of the most successful and connected founders and operators who source deals, support diligence and are excited to support the next generation of founders. We believe that founders know the best founders, and by investing at the earliest stages of a company’s formation we can earn outsized venture scale returns. We call this, Community Powered Venture Capital.
We’re looking for a Community Catalyst (make your own title!) to join our team remotely. Our Community Catalyst will play a central role at The Fund, supporting the firm’s community engagement, programming, and portfolio engagement. If you thrive in a start-up environment, are passionate about building community and putting on events, enjoy wearing many hats, and are operationally minded with a creative spark.
- Community and event management
- Plan and produce The Fund’s online and offline community engagements with portfolio companies, LPs, key stakeholders, sponsors and partners. We have a global membership and enlist you to help us keep them excited and activated around thematic and geographic events and forums of engagement.
- Manage The Fund’s online community platforms, including Slack and Airtable.
- Collaborate with the investment team more generally across deals and new projects
- Design systems to measure outcomes of community engagements with portfolio companies, key stakeholders, sponsors and partners (including NPS, sentiment, etc.)
- Work closely with our Head of Ops to streamline processes, improve marketing and amplify the mission of our founders.
- Committed to The Fund’s mission and passionate about supporting diverse communities of founders
- Entrepreneurial drive and desire to help grow a business
- Self-starter, move fast and break things mind-set, ask for forgiveness not permission
- Ability to foster community both online and offline and have examples of past work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with software tools for developing community
- Strategic, organized, and able to execute
- 3+ years experience in and around community
- Contract and flexible work schedule