Content Marketing Manager / Copywriter
Founded in 2018, The Cru is the first community-led digital company that helps women to meet their life goals. We begin by matching women in accountability circles with like-minded peers. We offer meeting structure, a digital platform, exclusive content and a virtual member success associate to support their journey. We prioritize diversity in our network - our members live across the U.S. and 60% identify as women of color. The Cru is an early stage venture backed company that offers flexibility and ownership. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing startup that is creating a new social category and building the largest data set of women’s goals.
About The Founder
Tiffany Dufu is Founder & CEO of The Cru and author of the bestselling book, Drop the Ball : Achieving More by Doing Less. Named to Fast Company’s League of Extraordinary Women and Entrepreneur's 100 Powerful Women, she was a launch team member to Lean In and served as Chief Leadership Officer to Levo, the fastest growing millennial professional network. Former President of The White House Project, she’s been featured in The New York Times, ESSENCE, O, The Oprah Magazine, and on NPR.
This is a remote position.
We are looking for a seasoned Content Marketing Manager & Copywriter, who has a focus on copywriting both long and short form content as well as creating an integrated marketing plan with a collaborative team. This person will be responsible for owning the brand voice and copy alongside the marketing and member success teams and reporting into the VP of Marketing.
Our ideal candidate has broad marketing experience and is a creative integrated marketer with deep expertise in brand and content strategy, as well as marketing campaign development and execution across owned, earned and paid channels. You’re hyper-organized, collaborative cross-functionally and bring a creative vision to develop and execute content strategies that achieve business results with limited resources.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, manage, and execute an end-to-end content strategy including written, visual, and video content that communicates key brand and product messages across all stages of the marketing funnel
- Contributes to the marketing calendar, effectively balancing brand, product, educational, event-based and promotional messaging to drive brand awareness, engagement and conversion
- Conceptualize, brief, and project manage all content development and execution for marketing assets and initiatives across website, e-mail, video and digital programs in collaboration with creative, social media and e-commerce
- Acts as primary marketing copywriter, developing engaging copy for emails, blogs and other marketing materials to drive brand awareness, member engagement and new member acquisition
- Support weekly and monthly performance reporting for marketing initiatives and leverages data to drive optimization across all marketing touchpoints
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of content marketing experience
- A strong writer with proven editorial skills
- Video production and design tool skills/experience
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and stakeholder expectations
- Familiarity with digital marketing channels with a focus on lead generation and customer acquisition tactics
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- A data-oriented marketer with a knack for translating insights into meaningful content optimizations
- Operates with humility and a hunger for growth.
- Take their work seriously, but not themselves too seriously.
- Excited to help build and scale a company dedicated to empowering women.
We believe in joy. There is no guilt with pleasure. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously, and encourage you to take time off with our flexible paid time off policy to get the rest and rejuvenation you (and all of us) need.
We have a "come as you are" dress code so you can continue to wear those yoga pants, but ask that you wear smart casual wear when attending member-facing events and interactions.
We are a fully remote team with members across the country. Our headquarters is in NY, NY.
The Cru is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.