Senior Back End Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - Backend
We are a stealth start-up company redefining the CRM industry. Our product vision, design-forward thinking, and world-class engineering has put us at the forefront of the space and we’re excited to grow our team.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will contribute to the services powering our SaaS application, and APIs. You will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, design, and industry best practices. This is a highly collaborative and dynamic role that works daily with other team members to ship high impact features, at a fast pace to delight our customers.
Who you are
You are a self-starter, highly experienced backend software engineer with industrial experience in data modeling, API and data pipeline design and development. You are comfortable coding in Python, Java, or Scala. You believe any bug isn't just a failure in the code, it's an opportunity to improve the testing screen. Peers describe you as a trusted team member who is skilled in investigating, root-causing, and independently solving sophisticated data problems in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own component(s) of the product and write well-designed, well-tested backend software code.
- Design, code, test, debug, document, and maintain software applications using established coding standards and methodologies.
- Collaborate with the product development team to plan new features.
- Participate in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
- Participate in Scrum activities, perform code reviews, contribute to a high-performing, growing team.
- Ensure new software meets quality standards through writing unit and automated tests.
- Follow established development, documentation, testing, and deployment processes.
- Be responsible for managing and maintaining project and work backlog; re-prioritize tasks as the business deems appropriate.
- Stay current with new technology trends.
- Strong experience building and delivering microservices based SaaS applications.
- Extra preference given to candidates with experience working for investment management firms and software companies and/or CRM, financial services/fintech, or market data companies
- Proficient in:
- Large scale distributed computing systems
- Python or other mainstream languages such as Java, Go, C++, Scala, etc.
- A variety of popular databases (DynamoDB, SQL, and Opensearch are highly desirable).
- Amazon Web Service (AWS) technologies and proficiency working in AWS infrastructure (AppSync, Lambda, SAM, Glue, etc.).
- Using secure, JSON-based REST APIs.
- Using systematic debugging to diagnose all issues within a set of related domains.
- Writing automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon quality software standards.
- Knowledge of the latest ML, Big Data and related technology is a plus.
- Experience analyzing business metrics and investigating data problems and improving data quality.
- Solid CI/CD experience.
- Familiarity with Git, Git flow, and semantic versioning.
- Experience working on an Agile development team.
- Strong CS fundamentals and value rigor in engineering.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- 5+ years’ experience
New York, NY or Remote