Product / Business Leader
MagicPort’s mission is to connect and empower the maritime community to deliver prosperity for the world through smart sustainable shipping. We envision maritime community collaborating on a single digital platform with powerful information and software solutions without wasting time and resources.
Shipping is one of the truly remaining frontiers among the large industries in terms of digital transformation. Shipping is a key infrastructure for our modern life, 90% of global trade is carried on ships. Unfortunately, the current state of maritime industry does not live up to its history and importance. Our solutions will free millions of people in maritime industry from daily drudgery of meaningless work and make shipping more sustainable.
MagicPort was founded in 2021 in Singapore, our team is distributed in global cities such as Singapore, Dubai, Istanbul, Baku, London, and Toronto. We have raised pre-seed funding from maritime industry leaders and venture capital firms. We are launching our first suite of products.
What we value
We dream big and want to revolutionize the maritime industry. Our core values include integrity, ownership, and radical truthfulness. We work as a team of entrepreneurs - we empower each person to lead and achieve maximum impact, and you will get resources, support, and the playing field for this. You will lead a nimble entrepreneurial team to take on big challenges.
About the Role
At MagicPort, we aim to build and grow a portfolio of products quickly. That’s where you come in. The product leader is a critical role to the firm. You’ll be able to build, sell and essentially own a slice of the business.
What You'll Do
· P&L ownership: Own the business outcome for your product segment. You are asked to drive revenue while building a comprehensive and sustainable product.
· Build: Own the product road map and define the vision for your product. Oversee all stages of product creation including design and development.
· Sell: Act as the main point of contact between the team and customers, sell the product. Define and execute the go-to-market strategy.
· Strategize: Collaborate with prospective users and customers to understand and anticipate their needs and translate them into product requirements.
· Collaborate: As one of the key Product Leads, you will also provide input to others’ products and collaborate on cross segment products.
What you will need
· You are excited about our mission
· Founder mentality and a sense of ownership - you can set goals, deadlines and execute
· You ace at solving problems
· You have strong empathy for customers and understanding of technology and software
· Strong communication skills, written and verbal
· You are a good listener and collaborate well with others
· Previous experience in starting a business is a major advantage
· Previous product management experience is desirable
What you will get
· Generous total compensation, meaningful equity in high potential early-stage company
· Great responsibilities and authority
· Support from industry experts as you navigate the maritime industry
· Decentralized, entrepreneurial organization
· Open and transparent culture
· Wide open learning and growth opportunity
· Work from anywhere
· Equally talented and committed team members
Previous experience in shipping operations (ship supplier, ship agent, seafarer, crewing manager, superintendent, fleet manager, charterer, broker, etc.) would be a major advantage but is not necessary. We are looking to hire talented, entrepreneurial business builders with diverse backgrounds.